MEI and its network of partners offers the best technology and solutions to meet all of your scanning needs.
We are able to scan bound books, cut sheet documents, newspapers, microfilm, microfiche, slides and much more.
MEI also specializes in managing complex projects which may incorporate multiple source source materials and multiple output requirements.
Every project is different, and we will help steer your project in the right direction. The first step in doing this is to understand your goals.
Do you want archival images? Are you trying to save space? Do you want to reprint a book? Would you like your content to be hosted online? Do you want your content to be delivered in a searchable text format?
These are just a few of the many decisions involved in executing a scanning project. And if you answer “yes” to more than one of the above scenarios, we can tailor your project to deliver multiple, use-specific derivatives.
- Loose sheets
- Microfilm and microfiche
- Binders and files
- Bound books and journals
- Large format items (maps, graphs, charts, works of art)
- Photographic slides
- Handwritten or typed text
- OCR correction
- Forms or free form capture
- Single or double keying
- PDF assembly or disassembly
- File renaming
- PDF compressed and uncompressed (with or without OCR)*
- ePub, Kindle
- XML Conversion, TEI, METS/ALTO, NDNP standards
* Visually lossless, mathematically lossless, maximum compression for web presentment
If you already know what you need for your project, click here for a quick quote.
If you’d like to discuss your project first, click here.